Saturday, February 3, 2018

Monthly goal and my local quilt shop

Can one have too many goals? Well, yes, but you don't know your limit until you try, right?


Elm Street Quilts


I have recently found One Monthly Goal thanks to The Quilt Rambler. While this is a new challenge for me, I had already planned on having one monthly goal that was consistent all year long; making my local quilt shop's block of the month every month. Hopefully, this will keep me honest!




There are at *least* 2 years worth of blocks in that little bin, and there are at *LEAST* 2 more years worth, hiding in places that I'm not going to share with you.




Goal 1 is to make this years block each month. If I don't, I can't sign up next year, I can't justify it, but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my shop and this is one way I can support them, so this is *going* to happen. This year they have switched it up and are using specialty rulers instead of just the regular traditional units.




Out of those beautiful greens you can see we get this amazing star. I used the VBlock Trimmer® from Deb Tucker's Studio 180 Design. This is one of my all time favorite units. I used it here in my Gradient Stars Quilt.




Goal 1.5 is to finish one block from past years. I could make it more than one, but I want to actually accomplish something. Ha!  This time I chose a block from last year, the March block. I am currently hanging my head in shame, I didn't even make it to month 3! I do go to every class though, so there's that...




Look at this amazing star! I love the pinwheels. I also discovered the Tucker Trimmer®, also a Deb Tucker ruler, is awesome for squaring up those quarter square-half square triangle unit things. I'll show you that in later post, I was too amazed at realizing what a treasure I had been missing, to take pictures.


Support Your Local Quilt Shop

I was sick last weekend and didn't get my post up about my local quilt shop. Did you know last Saturday was "Support Your Local Quilt Shop" day? I made it to class, grabbed a few pictures, but then crashed and burned when I got home.




My local quilt shop, Fabrics Plus in Marshall, MN is home to over 7,000 bolts of fabric. This beautiful section of batiks will make any lover of batiks drool.




Flannels (some shown above), novelty prints, baby/children's fabrics, there is so much to look at, you need to plan to stay awhile.




A color wall that doesn't fit in two pictures...




...but I tried.


Goals


So my Goal for February: February's block and one from past years! The Block of the Month class meets multiple times the last full week of the month and I usually attend the last Saturday, so watch for my update then, and starting poking at me if you don't see a post up!

How do you support your local quilt shop? Share links to your local shops! Lets spread the word to those who might be in the same area, and keep these awesome shops open and busy!


Happy Stitching!
Jen

Linking up with Elm Street Quilts February Monthly Goals.

Don't miss the 2018 Monthly Color Challenge.

Follow me on Instagram and Facebook for daily sneak peeks and updates.





3 comments:

  1. I find the block of the month a pretty easy way to keep up. I am using OMG too and need to set February. I am a little unsure - but will decide to today - and I am waiting for that IB box to arrive (probably between Mon and Wed when I am gone).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blocks! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been to Fabrics Plus on the Quilt MN Shop Hop. You can read a snippet about it on Day 4 found in the header of my blog under 2017 shop hops. I could spend a fair amount of time and money there! Oh, wait, I did!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to get your comments and hear your ideas. I always respond to comments (though it may take me a few days), if you haven't heard from me it might mean you are a no reply commenter. If you haven't heard back from me, check back here, because I will reply to the comment.